English 1213: Paper Proposal
You must answer all questions, write a paragraph, and provide an outline to get full credit for this assignment.
1. What is the problem or issue to be solved?
2. What is necessary background information the audience might need to understand the problem?
3. Write thesis that states the problem as a claim and also includes the solution.
4. What are the causes and effects of the problem? Why did it happen? For whom is this a problem? The better you, the writer, understand the problem and all its implications, the better solution you will find.
5. List two sources that would provide supporting evidence for the problem section of your essay. Format these as work cited entries following MLA rules.
6. What are the options to solving the problem? What are the various ways to solve the problem?
7. Each solution must be examined for its feasibility. What are the advantages and disadvantages? Use logical thinking in your discussion. Consider all sides and look for repercussions. What could go wrong; what might not work; what might not be supported?
8. List two sources that would provide supporting evidence for the solutions section of your essay. Format these as work cited entries following MLA rules.
9. After the analysis which solution is the most feasible and why did you choose it? In this conclusion the value of the chosen solution is rationalized.
10. Write a short paragraph that explains the following:
a. Your intended audience:
b. Your reasons for choosing this topic (how does it connect to your own life):